A new poll by Rasmussen Research finds that 49 percent of likely voters think that Donald Trump handled the COVID crisis better than Joe Biden has. 39 percent give Biden the edge.
Overall 55 percent disapprove of Biden’s handling of the pandemic including 44 percent who strongly disapprove. Only 43 percent of likely voters approve of Biden’s handling of the pandemic.
Looking back at 2020, the Trump Administration had many successes in dealing with the pandemic;
- The Trump Administration’s Operation Warp Speed allowed for the development of COVID vaccines in record time.
- The Trump Administration solved the shortage of ventilators by mobilizing manufacturers and creating arrangements that allowed hospitals to exchange ventilators ensuring efficient use of the devices in the U.S. health care system.
- The Trump Administration mobilized the medical personnel and resources of the U.S. military to provide care to citizens. This included the deployment of U.S. Navy hospital ships to New York City to provide overflow capacity to that city’s hospitals.
- The Trump Administration quickly closed off travel from China at the onset of the outbreak. Of course, these measures were quickly racialized by the mainstream media–the same media that applauded Joe Biden’s ban on travel from Africa.
So how does this compare to the Biden Administration?
- The Biden Administration instituted unconstitutional and authoritarian vaccine requirements for private citizens. These requirements have been repeatedly struck down in the courts and rejected by Congress.
- The Biden Administration cynically tried to extend the moratorium on evictions even after it was struck down by the Supreme Court.
- The Biden Administration thoroughly politicized the CDC to the extent that mask requirements for kids was not based on scientific considerations but instead on the demands of teacher’s unions.
- Covered up evidence on the laboratory origins of the COVID virus. This makes it more difficult for scientists to develop responses to the current pandemic and sets the world up for future pandemics resulting from gain-of-function research.
The difference is clear. The Trump Administration used government to solve the problem. The Biden Administration views Americans and their behavior as the problem. It’s not surprising that Americans are coming to view the Trump’s handling of the pandemic as better than Biden’s.